Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In the beginning...


I decided to start a blog so I will be able to look back at it to watch how my life has progressed (prayerfully). I have noticed that a lot of ppl that blogs using have children and post pics of the babies regularly. Well as of right now...I don't have any kids. I just want to express things and ideas that I have. I am a few shorts months from being 30 and I have sooooooo many ideas on where I would like for my future to go due to the fact that I graduate college on December 19th....yea me!


Well let me see where I want to start. Ok maybe we should start from the beginning. I was born January 6, 1980 in Shreveport, LA. My parents are LaRitta Calhoun and Kenneth Allums. I am an only child on my mom's side and have 3 siblings on my father's side. I was raised by my maternal grandparents and thank God everyday that I was. I think it made me the person that I am today. My mother was diagnosed with Lupus in 1986 and has endured some things in her life. I thank God daily for allowing her to still be in my life, because it is because of Him that she is still here.


I got married to my husband Robert April 7, 2007. It has been a learning experience that I will never forget. We have had several ups and downs but I appreciate it all because it made me a better person and also pulled me closer to God. God has a way of getting your attention. Robert has a nine year old son, Jr., that I adore as if he was my own. We have become a lot closer than before. There is nothing in the world that I would not do for him. My immediate family consists of me, Robert, and Jr. Then there is my granma (Mamoe) -she is a mess, my granpa (Papaw), my mom, my aunt--Lisa, my uncle Devon, and his daughter Alexis (drama queen but I love her to pieces). We don't have much but we also don't want for much either. We fight, argue, disagree but at the end of the day we still have the love to hold us together.
Well I guess that is enough about me. I have some big decisions to make in the near future and hopefully blogging can sort of help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment